Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"I'm out with a whole bunch of other people - but it never feels the same as when I'm with you"

Sometimes people say things in passing and you hear them, you ponder about it for a few moments or days or weeks or years - and then only when you feel it, the meaning of it hits you hard. Like a wrecking ball. Like a goddamned bullet to the heart. Like BOOOM - you get it.


You understand the fuss. You feel the pain, the words. It's there in your blood, your mind. It's in and you understand. Today I understood.


I understood that are some people that give you what no one else can. Like everyone else is a type of deliciously exotic flavor with sweets and caramels and chilies and then you hit that one old favorite - sweet vanilla.

And it's warms and comforting and hits the spot. And it's like "hey, you can chill now. you're okay"

But then the tub finishes. You scrape the bottom of the tub to get more. But it's gone and you're gonna have to be okay with that.

Don't get me wrong, i love trying new flavors or having new people to hang with - I'm just saying; sometimes old is gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment