Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"I was always dealing with everyone’s anxiety about my being an introvert. There were all these..."


I was always dealing with everyone’s anxiety about my being an introvert. There were all these suggestions for how to make me less of who I was. Joining clubs - that was a big one. Getting involved. I’m convinced there are some people who are just born joiners of groups - fitter-inners, seamless social creatures, lovers of half fake happy-to-see you’s and insincere hugs and little screams of excitement that convincingly cover what’s probably boredom. And then there are others, the ones who feel every false moment to the point of bodily pain and who can’t be anyone except whom they are, as much as they try.






-

The Six Rules of Maybe, Deb Caletti


(via creatingaquietmind)

via Tumblr http://wanderlustaffinity.tumblr.com/post/65436288430

No comments:

Post a Comment