Friday, March 7, 2014

I think I am so much more.

I am so much more than what you think of me.
I am so much more than what you see of me.
I am so much more than what I see of myself.
I am so much more than what I say in front of you
I am so much more than what I do in front of you
I am so much more than the little boxes you put me in.

I am so much more than one singular thing.
I am a million things rolled into one body.

This world is huge and vast and so is my imagination. I think of a hundred little things everyday and each little thing is so different. And I never knew why it rankles me so much to have someone stereotype me, but as I think upon it further, it makes sense. I am not a thing or an object that comes with a set manual. I change all the time and people keep putting labels on me, expecting me to act or react a certain way.

Nobody bothers to find out more these days. Everybody just sees what's on the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment