Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Clobbing time!

So in the restlessness of it all, I decided to bake. Baking to me isnt as it should be. Many of my girls find it therapeutic to bake but to me, it's just too many measurements to be made and the conversions, finding the scale, the scooper thing that measures flour etc. How is that good for you? It just makes me super stress!!!

I, however, love to cook. Throwing things into the pot, the sizzle, the aroma. They say in every cook, there's a method to their madness. I find the whole thing so stress relieving!

But anyway, even as we speak, a peach cobbler ( It's clobbing time, get it? ) is bubbling away in the oven and it was ridiculously easy to make! Sure, I had to go through the trouble of measuring the flour, sugar and milk but seriously? Three ingredients (to measure)! How can you not want to make that? So incase I've  tempted you, here's the recipe!

Ridiculously Simple Peach Cobbler 



  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup self-rising flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 (16 ounce) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup


    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Place butter or margarine in an 8X8 glass baking dish. Place dish in oven until butter is melted.
    3. In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar. Mix well, then stir in milk. Spoon mixture into baking dish, on top of melted butter or margarine. Pour peaches over flour mixture.
    4. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until peaches are bubbly and crust is lightly browned.

    Tips: The peaches should be kinda chunky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment