Thursday, October 6, 2011

So remember how I said that I needed to start living? And that I needed to get a job? 

wait for it...


I GOT A JOB! 

I was super excited, then super sad then now, super excited!
because my job is in retail, I'd probably be working 9 to 10 hour days so that leaves absolutely no time for anything or anyone else ):
BUT
 I've rested so much and soon everyone's gonna be busy with school so, I got pretty hyped up again! lol


Okay, so back to the topic, the job (!!) and living life! I've decided that my goal for this month, is not to be late for work. Ever. And guess what's the most time consuming task in the morning? (apart from actually waking up) Yup, choosing which makeup I wear. Choosing alone takes me maybe 5 mins? Actual application takes 10 mins and since I'm in retail, I'd gladly spare those 10 mins to look happy, flawless (my fantasy) and approachable! 

So being a little plan-nish, I drew up a list of seven make up items to reach for each day, just to make the process go by a little faster! 



In no particular order, except for numerical;

1. Covergirl Lash blast Mascara : I love this mascara! No doubt one of the best every day mascaras I've tried so far. For me, it separates my lashes like a dream! No clumps and it really adds volume to my asian lashes! I have to say, though, the wand takes some getting use to as it's pretty big by asian standarts and if I remember correctly, the formula needed a little time to "dry out" before it becomes this magical lash potion. In Singapore, Covergirl products are available online at different beauty blogshops, however, the range available in Singapore is very limited, usually only their mascaras, blushers and eyeshadows! Here's a link for the mascara: Cherubslips

2. Foundation/BB cream: Right now in my arsenal, I have the Revlon Color stay Foundation (RCF) in Natural Tan and also the Za Liquid Foundation in 22! Word of warning, RCF oxides, which means that some time after you paint it on, it turns darker. However, as the fates should have it, my Za in 22 is too light for me, so as 3-2=1, so does the lighter Za foundation help counter the RCF's oxidization! Hooray!
However, I've been thinking of getting a BB cream from Maybelline in the shade Natural to haste the process. What do you guys think? $16.90 for an 18ml tube? 

3. Natural Pink/Coral Blush: Natural? Rosy? Pink? Coral? Nuff' said! When working retail, a good blusher makes all the difference, especially after 9 hours to labour! To make blushers last, I usually layer a cream blusher over a dusting of a powder blusher! Tip: If you're on a budget or just wanna try out  the creams, you can also take any muted pick lipstick and use in place of the cream blusher, just remember, BLEND BLEND BLEND it into your skin! 

4. Elianto Baked Blusher/Bronzer: I used this as a highlighter and I can vouch for the fact that it'll make you glow like a sun angel! If you're tan, buy this blusher, it provides the most luminous, peachy tawny shimmery glow to your skin. If you're fair buy this blusher, the ribbons of pink shimmer give your skin a rosy hint of summer while the gold-ish base warms you up! Here's a close up!

Photo credits: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lavitaebella48/page3/

5. Elf Essential Eye shadow quads: This particular quad is called Hazy Hazel and I use the light beige as an all over color on my lids. For more definition, I use the purple on the outer third of my lid. Blending the purple out, I then take the lighter brown(or the darker one, your choice) and pat that onto my the outer "v" to add even more definition. I seldom do this because I'm ALWAYS rushing for time and a simple swipe of eyeliner, liquid, gel or pencil (6. Eyeliner) over a shimmer base does it for me. Speaking of eyeliners, the Hypersharp from Maybelline's going for 15.90 at Watsons!

7. Lip balm: Because i find touching up lipgloss/lipstick while working annoying and balm's your best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment