Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recently,

How do I explain my need to break away from you?

We're friends, yes. 
Nine years, yes. 
Share similar friends, yes. 

But that was for all these years. What about now? The present? I think I can't relate anymore. You have other people, and we're just not -- not on the same level? 

What if we're still the same people but our lives are different. How can that work? How can you be my "best friend" if nothing's there anymore. I don't tell you about half my life. And I have no clue about yours. 

I think that this is weak. You fight for the ones you cherish. You fight tooth and nail and you fight dirty. But what if what we've been holding on to all this while doesn't exist anymore and our friendship is just stitched together with memories. 

Do I leave now with the memories? You and me - laughing constantly - flea days - bubbletea treats- dirty jokes - walking in the middle of the dark field, yammering on about everything? What about your secrets? Where do I place them? And what about mine? Where do they go? 

Or should I fight till we're both raw and gone? When all that remains of our time is red haze. And pain. Because you don't let friends go without slicing of a little bit of yourself.  

You're so good at indifference and I'm amazing at running away. 

Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enough. 
Just a second, we're not broken, just bent.

hell if i know. hell if i don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment