Friday, May 24, 2013

Reasons why I hate you even more than before

because I was doing okay and then you came along.

because I had to see you again and remember everything you once brought me

because I still miss walking on that sanded out path, crossing that one divided road, up the brick red stairs, across the florescent lit void deck, onto the warm tared road, over the second crossing and down the long brick and tar car park just being there, just laughing.

because I haven't found anyone who got me like you did.

because no matter how I try, I cannot erase you.

because I can still remember how you threw me away first, during that one food & nutrition lesson.

because I have what you said burned into my head, "You should have seen your face" and then you left

because every memory of secondary school has you in it

because you are an asshole

because you taught me the most important lesson "Why should I burden people with my problems"

because till this day, it feels wrong to trust

because I've never been good enough

because you've always been the better one

because people never forget

because I can't keep up with this on then off again friendship

because you drive me insane

because I defined you as a best friend

because against every single fiber of my being I defined you as a best friend

because we were not what I remembered

because you were a part of what made me, me

because I laugh harder with you than anyone else

because you don't tell me anything

because you've got your own life now

because you never put away your goddamn phone when we head out

because I'm more of a friend to you than you are to me

because I the only reason you text-ed me after that last night was because you didn't feel good - nothing to do with me

because I'm running out of reasons why I shouldn't text you back

because you don't care about me enough

because I am worth a hell a lot more than one two sentence text message

because I find myself still wanting to be your friend

because I miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment